Subject: AutoScroll Screens
From: Nigel Hughes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 09:35:59 +0100

Hello there,
	    OK I have started writing another game, and guess what? It is
quite original!!! Never seen it done anyway. I will send a demo on later, but
I have a problem with the level editor I am writing for it...

	The screen I open (using ScreenTags) is 320x1024. The mouse pointer
will not go down further than y coordinates 681! This make some of the operations
of the editor VERY difficult. So OK I thought, I will set the autoscroll tag
to true, but no joy, no autoscroll. I guess it has something to do with the 
display clip region, but eery time I try and allocate this structure (a real
simple one too) I get a guru!!! Why I have no idea. Does anyone have a bit
of source they can mail me, or let me know how I can get the pointer to go 
below 681? 

	While I am here, I am getting close to completing the second version
of ShapeZ, my shape editor/cutter/manipulator utility. I have basically made
it much more robust than the last version, and now I want to add a load of
features, one of which is a simple set of drawing tools to edit the currently
loaded IFF and a suite of tools for editing shapes, is this a good idea or do
you just want to set it up in a proper painting package lke Dpaint or 
Brilliance? 
	
	Ho hum, roll on BUM7 and a few bug fixes for BB2, keep up the good work
Acid, it's been fun so far. (Don't think of them as bugs, more as a challenge!!)

	You can get the old version of shapeZ from Aminet, it is in one of Mikos
archieves.

	Nigel Hughes